Monday, September 1, 2008

New Garden!

Our flower garden is well on it's way. By "garden" I really mean "a row of bricks." But we've done the hardest part. Dan got out the mattock and broke up the dirt. We trenched a space for the first row of bricks. We made sure the curves we wanted would fit, and the flat side would line up with the side of the house. Of course, we had to make adjustments....

After packing paving sand in the trench we laid the first row of bricks, and I went through and leveled each brick. We had to level each one with the brick next to it, and test each individual bricks with a 3 way level.

The next steps are quite easy in comparison. I'll slap on a few more layers of bricks, using adhesive on the top layer. I'll empty many bags of top soil and composted manure and mix them in. Finally, I'll plant some plants that'll attract flowers and butterflies.

It has been an exhausting day, but it's nice to make some serious garden progress for a change!

No comments: